The MOLST form is authorized by the Massachusetts Department of Health and Human Services.
How to HONOR a completed MOLST form:
1. Determine if the form is valid
- Two (2) patient identifiers are present
- Patient signature box is complete
- Clinician signature box is complete
- Information is clear and legible
- If able, verify with the patient that the MOLST is current.
2. If valid, honor the decisions documented on the MOLST form as you would honor other medical orders. If needed, contact the signing clinician for more information.
3. If there is conflict related to honoring MOLST instructions, refer to your institution's policy or guidelines for dealing with conflict.